Newlywed surprise

open topic forum. feel free to ask question or post something here!
MadAboutUW

Newlywed surprise

#1 Post by MadAboutUW » Mon May 28, 2018 3:23 am

Kind of bored on a Saturday night with not much for television fare. So, I ended up watching "The Newlywed Game."

As I am sure most of you know, this show has three couples, all married less than two years, as panelists. They answer questions about each other for points. Many times the questions are geared to the sexual aspect of their marriage.

Anyway, while the husbands were gone, the emcee asked a question to the wives: "How many times a week does your husband need some alone time with his best friend below the belt?" One wife said ZERO because he gets it all from me, one said FIVE TIMES A WEEK, and the other said SEVEN. The answers from the husbands surprised me. The wife who said ZERO had a husband who said FOUR times per week. The one who said FIVE TIMES A WEEK had a husband who said SEVEN. The wife who said SEVEN had a husband who said SEVEN.

What surprised me is I thought I was the 'Odd Man Out' - being a newlywed and masturbating frequently even though sex with my wife was great... well, and at that time, often. It was just surprising to hear that other newlyweds also do the same so often. I guess it would be called Supplemental Sex?

Does this surprise anyone else? Just curious on your thoughts.
Still feelin' good all under

Noah

Re: Newlywed surprise

#2 Post by Noah » Mon May 28, 2018 4:21 am

If I remember right, I more or less gave up handjobs as newlywed. But certainly had done it a lot before that for more than 15 years.
Actually it really should be time to start again...You know what happens after 35 years marriage - or actually does not happen.
But I would appreciate a helping hand here, too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Noah

dakota

#3 Post by dakota » Tue May 29, 2018 2:20 am

Being closeted and trying not to be gay when I married a woman at 19, I felt masturbation was wrong (so my church wanted me to believe.) But I'd been at it since I was 11 years old, and I wasn't about to stop. Sex with my wife was compulsory, because that's what "husbands do." I did not enjoy it. For my internal gay angst, jerking off was the only way to satisfy the unrequited cravings raging inside me. I hated that I hated being married to a woman..

Fast forward five years. I left her, left the church, embraced being gay, and I have never looked back. I jerk off when and where I feel the urge, even after I came out. My husband and I have been together twenty years this Summer, and I still jerk off several times a week. So does he. And we have a great mutual sex life. We accept that it's all part of who we are, and it has nothing to do with how we feel toward each other - it's about what feels good to US.

It's healthy. And there's nothing wrong with that.

--Dakota
Bend over. I'll drive. :cool:

JocknBriefGuy
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by JocknBriefGuy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:59 pm

What I find striking, and what I think has really changed, is that there's much greater willingness (and freedom) to publicly discuss it. I'm constantly being surprised by the number of suggestive or overt references to jerking off that appear in modern TV and movies. It seems that (finally!) we've figured out that it's OK, a natural part of sexuality - for the guys and the girls. So, I'll take that as some progress, even if it is discussed in kind of a ham-fisted fashion (no pun intended). Kudos to the three husbands who didn't blink an eye when responding to this, although the guy who's wife who said "zero-he gets enough from me" probably had a real sh*t-storm to deal with on the ride home that night.

As for me, it's been part of my life since I was 12, and always will be. In every relationship I've been in, I've kept a pretty steady cadence, even when sex with a partner hasn't. That's typically 3-4 times per week. The only exception being those first 4-6 months after a new baby arrived. The chronic sleep deprivation left me completely wiped out. I was working out one morning about a month after my second was born, and a guy who I saw at the gym every day said to me "man, you look completely wiped out". I told him that we had a toddler and new baby at home. He said "damn, you must be tired." And I said him, "I'm so underslept that I'm too tired to jerk off." He laughed and told me that he thought that was a new low.

All of us have had a very reliable, engaging, and fun sex partner since puberty, and I think that most everyone stays with them for life. :D