swim short's inner liner

no underwear allowed - just speedo - or swimgear
jimi
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

swim short's inner liner

#1 Post by jimi » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:24 pm

usually i'm a speedo / racer swim suit guy but when out with the family and/or in public venues i'll wear a pair of generic black swim shorts over my speedo. i just completed a week's vacation at a lake, forgot my speedo and had to just wear the swim shorts. the shorts have that fast drying mesh pair of undie liner sewn into the suit. over the years any elastic / supportive nature of the liner completely disappeared leaving me needing to untangle / rearrange the boyz frequently. and the next day i seemed to always forget to wear uw under the suit. once i got home, out came the scissors and off came the useless liner. i figured since i usually wear my speedo underneath it didn't matter. looking at the liner i removed, i begin to think how nice it'd be to wear a nice mesh uw that would provide containment and plus provide a nice revelation when and if! something like the attached:
mesh.jpg
(36.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
curious as to what other's wear under their swim shorts and if there are any recommendations

dakota

Re: swim short's inner liner

#2 Post by dakota » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:09 pm

Jockey sold underwear like that in the early 70's. They were y-front briefs, but made of a similar mesh fabric. I wore then under workout gear. Pretty comfortable, and provided a sense of cooling. (And a sense of "cool" if you were into underwear, as I was. ;) )

For the record, I cut the liners out of any kind of board shorts I own. I'll wear a racer suit, briefs, or nothing under them.

--Dakota
Bend over. I'll drive. :cool:

iluvundies
Buddy
Buddy

#3 Post by iluvundies » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:28 pm

Calvin Klein just had a while and a black pair of briefs and I believe trunks that were mesh. The front pouch was solid but the sides and back side were completely mesh. Our store didn’t carry them but I know the underwear store did and some department stores. I think they may have r gently went to a clearance price point so it may be worth checking on their website.

Cen0n

#4 Post by Cen0n » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:44 pm

i wear trunks now (when i swim w/o a inner linear...but i still wear a speedo under them....when i had board shorts i would cute out the inner linear and wear a speedo under them...if i swim to workout out i wear a speedo....but as far as underwear goes i like mesh...wore a pair of ac mesh bikni's today :-)

jimi
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#5 Post by jimi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:03 am

as time as gone by i've convinced myself at least TWICE that wearing my swimming briefs under my suit made sense .... yadda, yadda, yadda .... but i kept coming back to thinking how fun it would be to wear mesh and the great sighting it would give! :D sooooooo, hi ho hi ho, it is off to ebay i go! and why stop at one when i can get four!!!!
mesh purchases 9.jpg
(24.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
now the question will be is if the size i ordered (L) will be large enough.

jimi
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#6 Post by jimi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:43 am

jimi wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:03 am
now the question will be is if the size i ordered (L) will be large enough.
all of the uw have finally been received and fit reasonably well. i chose wisely by going with the L rather than my typical M. the only slight issue is pouch space is tight even if i weren't ringed. planning to hit the beach (lake) in the next week!