How many Pairs do you own?

no underwear allowed - just speedo - or swimgear
richardf77
Junior
Junior

How many Pairs do you own?

#1 Post by richardf77 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:01 am

Speedos or other swimwear i mean!

Always thought with swim wear, that just one or two pairs at a time was sufficient, after all unless you are a really keen swimmer you arent wearing them all day every day and unlike underwear they are easy enough just to rinse out and be ready to wear again. Any more than 2 (of a particular style?) just seemed excessive. That was until i started reading postings on this forum and realized that a lot of guys liked to have lots of pairs of swimwear/speedos, just for the variety. So just how many pairs do YOU own? Are they all speedos or do you have other styles too?

Until recently all i had was a pair of jammers, a couple of pairs of boxer brief style trunks, a pair of loose swim-shorts to wear over them and had recently bough a couple of pairs of board shorts for holiday wear.

I have recently though started increasing my collection and bought online; a pair of swim-briefs, another jammer, another pair of boxer-brief[*] type trunks an another pair of loose swim-shorts. I have my eye on a few more items sold by the same store but haven't ordered them yet. What i have bought was just testing the water so to speak, for fit comfort and quality.

For anyone buying swimwear (in the UK) i recommend Sports Direct for good value. i also think Slazenger are a good brand to go for with swimwear. Their stuff seems good quality/fitting.

Look forward to replies

Noah

Re: How many Pairs do you own?

#2 Post by Noah » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:10 am

Seven pairs:

Black Speedos (2-3" side) http://www.underwear4men.com/vg/albums/ ... _6046p.jpg

Old Light Blue speedo-style Arena, liner cut off in front,very tight.http://www.underwear4men.com/vg/albums/ ... C05403.jpg

Red trunk with short leg-style with liner inside.

Old blue zippered Björn Borg-trunks http://www.underwear4men.com/vg/albums/ ... _6060p.jpg

Speedo-style dark blue Adidas.

Loose trunks with liner easy-drying material,Dark grey&black.

Black tight trunks with a bit longer leg.

Noah

dakota

#3 Post by dakota » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:46 pm

I'd have to count, to be sure. Of those I wear currently, I think I have about a half dozen Speedo-style swim briefs in various colors, four or five short-legged trunk-style snug swimsuits, two or three loose boxer-style, a couple of jammer-style, and maybe a dozen boardshorts. I wear the boardshorts as outerwear when at the beach or on vacation, with the swim briefs underneath. I've been to Hawaii twice this year, and I spent a week in Mexico last month, and I still haven't worn everything. Maybe I own a bit too much? Nah. Never too much. ;)

--Dakota
So many men. So many times. :cool:

Noah

#4 Post by Noah » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:20 am

dakota wrote:I'd have to count, to be sure. Of those I wear currently, I think I have about a half dozen Speedo-style swim briefs in various colors, four or five short-legged trunk-style snug swimsuits, two or three loose boxer-style, a couple of jammer-style, and maybe a dozen boardshorts. I wear the boardshorts as outerwear when at the beach or on vacation, with the swim briefs underneath. I've been to Hawaii twice this year, and I spent a week in Mexico last month, and I still haven't worn everything. Maybe I own a bit too much? Nah. Never too much. ;)

--Dakota
Nice collection Dak! How did you choose swimsuits in Mexico for swimming or beach? Tiny sexy Speedos?
What color and did you give any bulge-sightings or did you wear those boardshorts in public and only took them off when swimming?

Noah

dakota

#5 Post by dakota » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 pm

Noah wrote:
dakota wrote:I'd have to count, to be sure. Of those I wear currently, I think I have about a half dozen Speedo-style swim briefs in various colors, four or five short-legged trunk-style snug swimsuits, two or three loose boxer-style, a couple of jammer-style, and maybe a dozen boardshorts. I wear the boardshorts as outerwear when at the beach or on vacation, with the swim briefs underneath. I've been to Hawaii twice this year, and I spent a week in Mexico last month, and I still haven't worn everything. Maybe I own a bit too much? Nah. Never too much. ;)

--Dakota
Nice collection Dak! How did you choose swimsuits in Mexico for swimming or beach? Tiny sexy Speedos?
What color and did you give any bulge-sightings or did you wear those boardshorts in public and only took them off when swimming?

Noah

Noah, you are such a perv. ;) I'm not a "tiny" swimsuit guy. The Speedo suits I wear are simple, basic 4-inch side racing style swim briefs. Nothing outrageous. Solid colors, mostly, with a few that have patterns, stripes, or inset colors. I cut out the liners on the boardshorts, and use the Speedos like underwear. If things start sagging, instead of showing an underwear waistband, I'll be showing my Speedo brief. I don't lay in the sun much, but when the opportunity arises, I'll leave the boardshorts on the beach, and wear just the Speedo in the water. I do like a Speedo tanline, especially if I'm shaved underneath it. That stark-white smooth skin visual in the locker room is something I really enjoy, on myself, and on other fit guys.

--Dakota
So many men. So many times. :cool:

Manchesterbriefs
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#6 Post by Manchesterbriefs » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:37 am

I did have to count, and the answer is 51 - which came as a mild surprise, not least because earlier this year I had a big rationalisation and got rid of quite a few that I hadn't worn in years.

I have 27 brief style swimsuits: seven Speedos of various styles and colors; six Emporio Armani, three Hom micros; two each of Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry and Hugo Boss; and one each of Aussiebum, Reebok, Impetus, Tommy Hilfiger, and Quiksilver.

There are 13 square cuts: two each of Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, Burberry, and Hom, one Tommy Hilfger, one Ralph Lauren Polo, one Hugo Boss, one Fila, and one Tulio.

Eight baggy swim shorts (which I never swim in, but wear as regular shorts for lounging or to slip on over the speedos if I have to): two Valentino, and one each of Eddie Bauer, Tommy Hilfiger, Emporio Armani, Tyr, Hom and Speedo brands.

I have two swim thongs (both Kiniki) and one jammer, by Giordano.

These are spread out across two homes, one of which has its own pool, so it's not quite as excessive as it seems, but if I had stopped to think how much money is tied up in this collection I might not have let it grow so much.

A word about pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap UK retailer Sports Direct too: they perform a role in the market, which is about the kindest thing I can say about them. If you go into a physical branch and they have what you're looking for in an undamaged condition (big 'if'!) and you will never need to return it, then they are fine and cheap as well. The moment you step outside that narrow niche, they are absolutely appalling in my experience. They employ moronic kids who failed to make the cut at McD's and invest the grand total of f*** all in training them, take pride in their total absence of customer service, and will not give refunds as a matter of policy. As a general rule, the stuff they sell is cheap and nasty tat or past season, although occasionally you find an absolute gem of a bargain, although a lot of that seems to be because they acquired JJB Sports' stock when it went bankrupt.

Their online service is a mixed bag, although the problem is possibly more to do with them using Yodel for delivery. I recently bought a few items and it was fine, but earlier in the summer my school team bought our entire uniforms on line from them on next day delivery so that we could take it to a tournament, but the next day delivery failed - as it did again the day after. We cancelled the order as it was by then too late to be of any use, but getting the credit card refund was an absolute nightmare. Oh, and you cannot take an item purchased online into a store if there are any problems with it.

Slazenger has never been noted for swimwear. Sports Direct owns the rights to the Slazenger brand name in the UK, so sources bog standard swimwear from some sweatshop in China and has them made as Slazenger. Ditto Slazenger underwear - cheap, nasty, generic crap with a label.

MadAboutUW

#7 Post by MadAboutUW » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:57 pm

A bit insignifiant here, but, I own about 20 pair. I joined this site because I do have a fetish for underwear, but had a dear friend (whom I met here) introduce me to swimwear. Just a lot of fun...I use them for underwear once in a while.

Still love to see a man in great swimwear!
Last edited by MadAboutUW on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still feelin' good all under

richardf77
Junior
Junior

#8 Post by richardf77 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:39 am

Wow, some big totals there. For those with lots of swimwear, i have a couple of questions, first have you worn all your pairs for swimming, either at the pool or on the beach, or do you have some for swimming, some for underwear and others just for show etc? Second if you have worn them all for swimming, how often do you wear individual pairs? Do you have some you wear a lot because you prefer them to others?

To: "Manchesterbriefs" Sounds like your view of Sports Direct has been spoilt somewhat by some bad/unlucky experiences or perhaps you have expected too much. I went for them because they offered just what i wanted, cheap swimwear. I wasn't interested in paying lots of money for some fashionable label, just something that didn't cost very much to try out a few styles to see if i liked them. Didn't want to waste money. Now i have tried the styles and found something i like i may be prepared to spend a bit more on something better. To be honest though i cant find much to fault the products i have had from Sports Direct, and in the absence of any local high street shops selling what i want in my area for the right price, will probably use them again. Not had any problem with delivery either, but then i wasn't in too much of a hurry to get the goods. The courier service they use in my area is probably better than Royal Mail anyway. Cant comment on their stores, my home town has a JJB Sports that has only just been taken over by Sports Direct and they are still trying to sell off the old JJB stock. So what (online) swimwear retailer would you recommend if Sports Direct are so rubbish?

Manchesterbriefs
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#9 Post by Manchesterbriefs » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:28 pm

richardf77, in my later childhood I used to be a regular visitor to Swanage, and as I recall neither it nor anywhere else in Dorset was well-endowed with retail choice. JJB and Sports Direct used to compete in the same market but trust me, JJB stood head and shoulders above SD as a consumer experience when there was often very little difference between them on price. As I said, SD is fine if your demands are limited and they happen to have what you want. But seriously... wait until it goes wrong. Have a look at some of the online reviews of Sports Direct on Trustpilot etc if you think my experiences are isolated ones - they are actually pretty normal.

For me, for online purchases of swimwear (and, indeed, underwear) there is a sort of Holy Trinity of deadgoodundies.com, underu.com, and figleaves.com. I have also bought from swimshop.co.uk in the past and rate them pretty highly for price and choice as well as speed of delivery. If you have a branch of TK Maxx near you, you can sometimes get a good item in there too.

As for your other questions: I have worn most of mine for swimming although there are a few - maybe three or four - which I bought because it was a good idea at the time and just never got round to wearing them yet. When I'm at my second home on vacation I might swim before breakfast, again before lunch, then in the afternoon and again at night while doing office work or yard work or going into town in between, which means changing out of the swimwear and into dry clothes. I hate putting on wet swimwear, so I want to put a dry pair on each time I change back into swimwear. So, it is not unusual for me to wear four or five pairs in one day. At the moment I tend to wear the Armani swim briefs a lot, because they offer what I think is the best shape and best support. But they aren't much use for serious high-speed lap swimming, so I tend to use the Speedos for those.

Swimwear as underwear - I never do this. I've posted about this before, but when I was at boarding school it was traditional to use speedos as support briefs when running or playing hockey, rugby, soccer etc. Because of this, I have a bit of a mental block about using them as regular underwear: to me, any non-swimming use is because they are sportswear, and not underwear.

Microron
Buddy
Buddy

#10 Post by Microron » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:16 pm

I wasn't sure... but after a quick count: 41. Blues and Blacks predominate in various styles, mostly speedo, a few swim thongs, a couple of sungas and two jammer style from the '80's...Oh, I just ordered two more online - A Sunga by Rufskin and a tan thru by NWT. WEll, I guess that makes 43. All my suits get worn in rotation.

All of these suits are worn for swimming and snorkelling. My favourite ones for pool use are Speedo Endurance... I'm in my 70th year but have not paid heed to fashion for many decades. Only a few other old timers wear speedos at the pool. I add a little local colour by sometimes wearing a pair of Pink and Black fins with a Green plaid nylon suit. Dashingly colourful... and only in Canada... Pity, Eh?
The Less You Wear ~ The More Important The Lift.. And.. If You Doubt Yourself... Wear Something Else... !!~~!!

lantul
Supporter
Supporter

#11 Post by lantul » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:09 am

anything wider than 2 inches, probably 1.5 inches on the sides are not acceptable to me. lol

Michael347
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#12 Post by Michael347 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Own one pair of Black Billabong Speedos.

Bought them for Gay Pride Week in Tel Aviv.

Speedos were the norm over there for that event!!!! :D

nico711
Junior
Junior

#13 Post by nico711 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:35 pm

I've found several at discount stores like Ross and Marshalls. I'd say about 4 of the square cut and 12 swim briefs.

Tightthong
Supporter
Supporter

#14 Post by Tightthong » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:47 am

I have a couple of square cuts from Prevail Sport that i like to wear as cover ups over my swim thongs, which are really just Joe Snyder bulge thongs. In addition to that, i do have a 2 pairs of billabong board shorts that have ~6" inseams, fun colors of course.

Cen0n

#15 Post by Cen0n » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:10 am

I still swim own a bunch of jammers and a couple of speedo's but wear them when i swim at the Y not at the beach.